    SubjectRe: 2.4.19-ac4 build problem
    On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 08:59:55PM -0700, Peter wrote:

    > > Hm, I think you will have to compile the input stuff into the core, if
    > > you want your USB input drivers to link properly. So there's really no
    > > way around this.
    >
    > In that case, why don't we remove the choice to make modules in input core
    > support?

    No, because it works just fine when you build the USB drivers as
    modules, and the Input core as modules, which is what the majority of
    people do.

    > If there's some reason to keep it, let's save someone some grief and add a
    > note to CONFIG_INPUT:
    >
    > Note that in most cases, input support must be compiled into the core for
    > your USB input drivers to link properly.

    Again, not true. It just has to match the same value for the USB input
    drivers. A patch with this kind of wording would be greatly
    appreciated.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:12.259 / U:0.004 seconds]