    SubjectRe: v2.6 vs v3.0
    > > SCSI drivers can be a real problem. Not the porting of them, most of
    > > that is _trivial_ and can be done as we enter 3.0-pre and people show up
    > > running that on hardware that actually needs to be ported. The worst bit
    > > is error handling, this I view as the only problem.
    > And a long-standing one. This should have been fixed in 2.2, it has not
    > been fixed in 2.4, it's much desired for 2.6 -- and people are going to
    > point away from Linux (and expect Jörg Schilling speaking up again
    > should 2.6 be released with what he considers broken API -- I cannot
    > tell if all his items are right, but if a third of what he says is true,
    > Linux SCSI is not in good shape).

    As long as most of that bloke's argumentation strips down to "you don't do
    it like everyone else [solaris/irix/whatever] implies you're bound to suck,"
    nobody with a bit of sense is going to take him seriously regardless of how
    much blah blah he posts on l-k.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.027 / U:112.616 seconds]