SubjectRe: Linux kernel lockup with BVM SCSI controller on MCPN765 PPC board
Hi Gérard,

We have finaly tracked the problem down with Motorola.
There is a major hardware problem with the Hawk-2 ASIC used as the main
PCI/Memory bridge on the MCPN765 board that causes a hardware lockup with
the BVM SCSI controller and probably other devices as well.
The problem is related to null byte enables.
There is no software work around, however the Hawk-3 chip fixes the problem.

Thanks for looking at this.

Terry

--
Dr Terry Barnaby BEAM Ltd
Phone: +44 1454 324512 Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.064 / U:1.544 seconds]