    SubjectDMA audio-CD extraction/writing and ide-scsi
    Hi.

    I resign to post the question directly here after hours of vain
    searching on other sources of information. If the question has already
    been answered hundreds of times, I am *really* sorry about the mess...
    (I also tried to check on the latest development version, but failed at
    booting the system at all).

    I would like to know if there is a particular reason that forbids audio
    extraction/writing from/of CDs using UDMA (as opposed to PIO) when using
    the ide-scsi driver.

    Apparently the problem seems not to be such an issue as it seems that
    very few people extract audio data from CDs and/or write audio CDs. But
    still...

    I already applied a patch from akpm to make audio extraction use DMA
    with the ide-cd driver. It works very fine for me and I miss the feature
    really badly on the ide-scsi driver.

    If there are some SCSI gurus here willing to enlight me on this specific
    issue, I will be very thankful. =)

    Regards,

    Ignacy Gawedzki

    --
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.