SubjectRe: 2.5.39 kmem_cache bug
Ed Tomlinson wrote:

> Yes we can do this. I would rather fix kmem_cache_destroy though. Think that, if
> we play our cards right, we can get rid of the cachep->slabs_free list with out too
> much pain.

Please - lets check first if the free list is actually a problem, before
deciding to kill it.

If you remove the free list, it becomes impossible to find the freeable
slab, if another (partial) slab is added to the partial list afterwards.

And I'm definitively against locking up one slab in each cache - it
coudl be a order=5 allocation. It would be possible to hack around that
(if alloc is high-order, then partial slabs do not exist), but that's
too ugly to think about.

--
Manfred