    SubjectRe: Framebuffer still "EXPERIMENTAL"?
    On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 wrote:

    > > Normal operation. Either switch to a different tty, or set a font.
    > Hmmm, if that's normal operation, surely it's a bug?
    Only if you don't need to set a font anyway to be able to see your
    desired character set !

    > Infact, why not use the wasted space to the right of the penguin for something useful - I.E. a status line, like on old terminals, showing disk and serial port activity!?
    That space is reserved for more penguins! Think SMP, or perhaps a P4 with
    hyperthreading! But seriously, once you've configured your machine
    correctly the penguin doesn't stay around for long, so the space is not
    available for a status line.

    > > There does seem to be a bug in your mailer, though (excessive line
    > > length) :->
    > I guess maybe it's time for me to move away from using 'mail' from the command line for my day to day E-Mail needs :-(. Already, I have to use elm when I need the quoting capabilities so lacking from my favourite mailer :-).
    > John.
    Nothing wrong with doing it the hard way, I s'pose <g>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.022 / U:72.824 seconds]