    SubjectUSB Mass Storage Hangs
    This message regards the USB mass storage driver for kernel version
    2.4.18-10:

    On my Dell Inspiron 7500 I have an adaptec USB 2.0 cardbus
    adapter. I plugged in a 120GB hard drive and the mass
    storage driver in linux detects it and runs it fine. The
    problem comes in when I try to also plug in my CD-RW into
    the cardbus adapter (it has two USB 2.0 ports). The mass
    storage driver will detect and gather information about
    the drive, however it doesn't take more than two or
    three minutes before the entire system hangs. The kernel
    immediately drops all knowledge of any USB device on
    my system.

    Anybody else notice this problem?

    Thanks,

    Stephen Marz

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.026 / U:122.316 seconds]