    SubjectRe: Mouse/Keyboard problems with 2.5.38
    tor, 2002-09-26 kl. 10:58 skrev Vojtech Pavlik:
    > On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:31:12AM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
    >
    > > I haven't really tried a 2.5 kernel for a very long time. I used some of
    > > the earliest, but then I suddenly had problems booting one of them, and
    > > haven't really taken much effort in getting it boot lately.
    > >
    > > But now I decided I should try again. I got 2.5.38 booted after some
    > > initial trouble. But, I have a couple of weird problems. First, the
    > > mouse. I have a Logitech Cordless Optical mouse. With kernel 2.4.x I use
    > > MouseManPlusPS/2 as the XFree mouse-driver. Then I can use the wheel and
    > > the fourth button just as expected. But with kernel 2.5.38 neither the
    > > wheel or the fourth button works. I change protocol to IMPS/2 in XFree,
    > > and everything works like expected, but the fourth button works just
    > > like pussing the wheel (third button). This is excactly the same
    > > behavior as with 2.4.20-pre7 (that's why I use MouseManPlusPS/2). Anyone
    > > have a clue why this doesn't work with kernel 2.5.38?
    >
    > Use ExplorerPS/2 in XFree to get access to all the buttons. The new
    > input drivers handle the MouseMan protocol right in the kernel, and
    > independently on the real mouse type (ImPS/2, ImExPS/2, GenPS/2,
    > Logitech PS2++ USB, Busmouse, whatever) export an ExplorerPS/2-like
    > virtual mouse to userspace. This is what most applications support
    > correctly, and is compatible with generic PS/2 and ImPS/2 protocols also.

    That did the trick, thank you very much :) And I see ExplorerPS/2 works
    like a charm with 2.4.x as well, so everything is just fine :) I guess
    this actually was a stupid question, and I'm sorry.

    > > Second problem, if I press SHIFT+PAGEUP, my computer freezes. It spits
    > > out this message: "input: AT Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0, and then
    > > it's dead. I have a Logitech cordless keyboard.
    > >
    > > Anyone else experienced this?
    >
    > I fixed this in about 2.5.36. Please #define ATKBD_DEBUG in
    > drivers/input/keyboard/atkbd.c, and send me the kernel output just
    > before the crash, please. I'll try to reproduce it here meanwhile.

    I'm added #define ATKBD_DEBUG right below all the other define's in
    atkbd.c, did a make clean; make dep; make bzImage and tried again. I
    can't see any difference. It still just prints "input: AT Set 2 keyboard
    on isa0060/serio0". I did, however, find out that if I press SHIFT+what
    ever of the buttons arrows, insert, home, page up/down, delete and end,
    I get just the same behaviour. It does not happen with CTRL or ALT.

    Thank you very much.

    Best regards,
    Stian Jordet

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.027 / U:0.908 seconds]