    SubjectRe: [evlog-dev] Re: alternate event logging proposal
    Larry Kessler wrote:
    > Event logging uses real-time signaling to notify a process that's registered
    > for notification that an event matching the criteria defined during
    > registration has been written to the event log. When notified, the process
    > can read the entire event from the event log and then do whatever.

    I've already seen the event logging userspace API, thanks.

    Are you saying that netlink is not useful for event delivery inside the
    kernel? It seems useful to me. Are you saying that netlink is
    incompatible with the POSIX event logging interface? My initial
    thinking is that it seems compatible, just the syscalls[interface] is a
    bit different.

    Both your messages simply described and re-described POSIX event
    logging, without actually responding to my suggestion. Are you just
    quoting specifications because you would rather not look into netlink
    and explore new options?

    I would rather avoid the kernel bloat of two pieces of kernel code doing
    the pretty much the same thing internally.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:3.884 seconds]