SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] linux kernel conf 0.6
Kai Germaschewski wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>

>>One cosmetic thing I mentioned to Roman, Config.new needs to be changed
>>to something better, like conf.in or build.conf or somesuch.
>

> I agree. (But I'm not particularly good at coming up with names ;)
> build.conf is maybe not too bad considering that there may be a day where
> it is extended to support "<driver>.conf" as well.

We want to make sure the config format is extensible in case we want to
add Makefile rules or some other metadata (i.e. <driver>.conf contains
all config/make info needed to build a driver, just drop it in)

> One other thing I wanted to mention but forgot was that lkc now
> does a quiet "make oldconfig" when .config changed or does not exist,
> which is changed behavior.

Can you elaborate a bit on that? 'make oldconfig' is one of the things
we want to keep working as-is... That was a downside of ESR's system.
If you're saying "silent" as in, if-no-changes-occurred or
defconfig-copied-as-is, that's cool...

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.096 / U:0.064 seconds]