    SubjectRe: 2.5.36-mm1 dbench 512 profiles
    >>> AFAICT, with one bottleneck out of the way, a new one merely arises to
    >>> take its place. Ugly. OTOH the qualitative difference is striking. The
    >>> interactive responsiveness of the machine, even when entirely unloaded,
    >>> is drastically improved, along with such nice things as init scripts
    >>> and kernel compiles also markedly faster. I suspect this is just the
    >>> wrong benchmark to show throughput benefits with.
    > On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 02:30:23PM -0700, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    >> Hmmm ... I think you need the NUMA aware scheduler ;-)
    >> On the plus side, that does look like RCU pretty much obliterated the dcache
    >> problems ....
    > This sounds like a likely solution to the expense of load_balance().
    > Do you have a patch for it floating around?

    I have a really old hacky one from Mike Kravetz, or Michael Hohnbaum
    is working on something new, but I don't think it's ready yet ....
    I think Mike's will need some rework. Will send it to you ...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:14.116 seconds]