    SubjectRe: [patch] lockless, scalable get_pid(), for_each_process() elimination, 2.5.35-BK
    } of course, and it should also be massively-threaded, LSB-compliant,
    } enterprise-ready, secure, cluster-aware, power-saving and self-healing. I
    } admit that there's still lots of work to be done, but there's just so many
    } hours in a day.

    get_pid() is simple, I don't see why it's taking you so long to add those
    features. I'll sketch out a plan for an improvement in getpid_MARK02(c)
    numbers once you have the prototype done.

    } actually, on-the-fly O(log(N)) multiprocessor garbage collection is
    } already integrated into its high-end modular OO design.
    } > Perhaps a get_pid() that solves the Turning Halting Problem should be on
    } > the todo list for 2.6.

    Given my misspelling of Turing, I think it's clear that get_pid() needs a
    spellchecker. This would be an opportunity to begin work on get_pid .NET.

    } the first small mystery to solve are certain perturbations in Alan
    } Turing's name. But, yes, it's definitely a goal of the PID allocator to be
    } an answer to all, but also for it to avoid infinite loops for every
    } possible input value, while yielding slightly more subtle output than the
    } numeric value of 42. Patch in a few minutes.

    Please be sure to implement a BK replacement, open-source it, switch the
    kernel over to it and supply the patch in that format. It would be

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.035 / U:6.624 seconds]