    SubjectRe: [patch] lockless, scalable get_pid(), for_each_process() elimination, 2.5.35-BK
    >> Nobody's trying to screw the desktop users, we're being mind- bogglingly
    >> careful not to, in fact. If you have specific objections to a particular
    >> patch, raise them as technical arguments. Saying "we shouldn't do that
    >> because I'm not interested in it" is far less useful.
    > i fully agree with your points, but it does not hold in this specific
    > case. Eliminating for_each_task loops (the ones completely unrelated to
    > the get_pid() issue) is an improvement even for desktop setups, which have
    > at most 1000 processes running.

    Right - which is exactly why I was saying we should stick to technical
    debates rather than whether some people were interested in a particular
    market segment or not ;-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.021 / U:68.692 seconds]