       From: Andi Kleen <>
    Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:44:42 +0200

    > I don't know how Sun and SGI manage with their larger systems. Either they
    > don't do clock sync, or they may have to make expensive tradeoffs.

    I guess you could always run NTP between the different CPUs ;) ;)

    More seriously, you don't need to have the cpu tick registers sync'd,
    it is the rate that matters.

    Once booted, you can sync these system tick registers with a pretty
    straight forward algorithm in the kernel. Bonus points if you can
    figure out how to cancel out the cost of moving the system tick sample
    cachelines between master and slave in your algorithm :-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.029 / U:41.764 seconds]