Subjectturning off APIC
If APIC is compiled in the kernel (wich is the case with most
distributions) when I start kernel with "noapic" option, APIC is getting
enabled anyway and only later gets disabled. This causes problems on
some VAIO notebooks - it seems like BIOS gets confused if APIC was
turned on (particularly on my laptop when I try to reboot from Linux it
hangs saying that thera problems with keyboard). That would be much
better to have an option to turn it off in the boot options and not to
recompile the kernel. Could somebody comment this please?
Please CC me on this email address.

TIA,
Andriy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.020 / U:9.700 seconds]