SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Spamcop
Hrmm...

Actually the URL indicates that your IP is not and should not be listed
as a spammer now:

Metric
Qty
Most Recent
Oldest
Sample traffic: 116 8.22 hours ago
Thu Sep 12 19:46:12 2002 GMT Thu Sep 12 15:46:12 2002 -0400 6.84
days ago
Fri Sep 6 07:43:01 2002 GMT Fri Sep 6 03:43:01 2002 -0400
Trap recipients: None recorded
Spam reports: 1 12.12 hours ago
Thu Sep 12 15:52:19 2002 GMT Thu Sep 12 11:52:19 2002 -0400 12.12
hours ago
Thu Sep 12 15:52:19 2002 GMT Thu Sep 12 11:52:19 2002 -0400
Relaying reports: None recorded
Relay closed: None recorded

195.92.249.252 not listed in bl.spamcop.net.
195.92.249.252 *is not* and *should not be* listed.
Recent spam increases spam score from 1.00 to 2.00 - spam report
ratio (0.017) falls under threshold (0.020)

It was listed and promptly delisted three hours later. No anti-spam
measure is perfect, all have flaws and all are an inconvenience to some
portion of users and admins. SpamCop is quite decent about fixing
incorrect listings. Some people argue for proactive listing, some
people demand 3 sets of proof before listing.

Anti-spam measures are gonna make admins happy and annoyed depending on
what side of the fence they are on when it hits. If it's affecting you
negatively, it's an "idiotic measure", if it's affecting someone else
instead, it's a "proactive and great idea". Some measures need evolving
and tuning, caching, etc. I.e. my smtp call back mechanism that annoyed
vger admins. Yes I need to cache data but as to the veracity of it
being idiotic...doubtful. I measure greater than ~70% dead on accuracy
in tagging spam which makes it pretty darn useful for my users with
-only- smtp callback. It has false negatives but it hasn't yet had a
false positive.

Everyone gets irate when they are incorrectly blacklisted. Even more
irate when major mail distributers agree with the BL site policies. In
time tho things will get smoothed out. I/we mail admins feel the pain.
Grit your teeth and bear it when these things happen. No person or
method is perfect :)

David

--
I may have the information you need and I may choose only HTML. It's up to
you. Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any email that you send me nor am

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.150 / U:0.236 seconds]