    SubjectRe: XFS?
    Ivan Ivanov wrote:

    >I am not an expert, just a sysadmin, and I am testing XFS since kernel
    >2.4.6 ( I am writing this mail from a test machine with kernel 2.4.18
    >and XFS root filesystem ), and I also think that XFS is not ready for
    >production ( I lost some unimportant files after a crash yesterday ).

    This merely means that it should be flagged as experimental for a while.
    There is no way a new filesystem can go into the Linux Kernel and not
    have lots of bugs found by users during the first few months anyway,
    however much we programmers might try to avoid it.

    Hans

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:13.012 / U:0.152 seconds]