    SubjectRe: 2.5 Problem Status Report
    On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

    > On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 09:00:30PM -0500, Thomas Molina wrote:
    > > 2.5 Kernel Problem Reports as of 10 Sep
    > > Problem Title Status Discussion
    > > qlogicisp oops no further discussion 2.5.33
    > > PCI and/or starfire.c broken no further discussion 2.5.33
    > > __write_lock_failed() oops no further discussion 2.5.33
    > Since 3 of these are things I reported...

    [snip explanation of why these are "long-term problems"]

    I've seen these problem status reports as a fairly dynamic item,
    especially at this stage of 2.5 development. Is my current way of doing
    things useful to the list? Certainly this posting seems to have generated
    a number of useful discussions. I wish they had migrated to the threads
    where the original problem had been brought up.

    I've had several messages like this one, where people have asked what
    about problem x, y, or z that have disappeared from the radar scope. I'm
    thinking I could keep the character of this report like it is now, and
    have another one with the "long-term problems". I've been sending this
    report to the list about once a week, usually just after Linus brings out
    a new point release. The other list could be a less-frequent "what about
    these?" kind of list.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.025 / U:10.600 seconds]