    SubjectRe: ignore pci devices?
    > > can't identify and blacklist it easily.  Thus I need some way to allow
    > > the users to tell bttv (or the kernel) to ignore that particular PCI
    > > card.
    > Doh.. If the vendor isnt setting subsystem ids then its not valid
    > hardware for windows nowdays. Obvious question - what else is on that
    > board that might let you do the idents.

    Well, at least nothing in PCI space. It looks just like a random,
    cheap bt878 card.

    > We already find the USB on the NSC SuperIO by peeking at the next
    > device along and checking if its the SuperIO functions 8)

    It is a PCI card you can plug into some slot, not a motherboard ...

    You can't please everybody. And usually if you _try_ to please
    everybody, the end result is one big mess.
    -- Linus Torvalds, 2002-04-20

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.023 / U:38.772 seconds]