SubjectRe: VM changes added to performance patches for 2.4.19
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 wrote:

> With the patch against 2.4.19:
> Scheduler O(1), Preemptible, Low Latency
> I have now added two extra alternative patches that include
> either Rik's rmap (thanks Rik) or AA's vm changes (thanks to Nuno Monteiro for
> merging this)
> For the record, with the (very) brief usage of these two patches I found the
> rmap patch a little faster. This is very subjective and completely untested.
> Check them out here and tell me what you think(please read the FAQ):

The ck3-aa patch has worked perfectly for me until I try to shut down. At
that point I get to "turning off swap" and the system hangs with the disk
light on. Can't get a dump, and it doesn't happen every time, but enough
that I am very cautious in what I do at shutdown. Total hang ignoring

Athlon 1.4GHz, 1GB RAM, hda:30GB, hdc:40GB, 20x CD-R, multiple NICs, two
local networks, one PPP over high speed serial.

bill davidsen <>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.123 / U:1.628 seconds]