    SubjectRe: fix CONFIG_HIGHPTE

    > Sharing the logical page table doesn't mean you'll have to do
    > the same for the PPC hashed page table...

    We have an optimisation where we store information in the linux pte that
    lets us find the hashtable pte. If that one to one relationship is lost
    we may need to search the primary and secondary group which could be
    up to 16 hypervisor calls when running in logical partitioned mode.

    We could start sharing hashtable ptes but thats going to require a fair
    amount of work.

    Anton

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.024 / U:29.800 seconds]