    SubjectRe: ethtool documentation
    From

    [Jonathan Lundell]
    > > Ha! Just wait until the jack-booted IEEE enforcers kick down
    > > *your* door in the middle of the night to nab you for MAC-address
    > > trespass.

    [AC]
    > Just don't use it to go around proprietary software license
    > managers, because if so the fbi might just do that...

    Very useful ability, that. Especially when the vendor tool reports
    the wrong license number so the license you legally obtained doesn't
    work. Changing the software MAC address makes everything better. The
    one time I had to do this, it was fun to tell people "In order to do
    my job today I had to break Federal law." Alas I think everyone
    assumed I was just being melodramatic.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.022 / U:146.960 seconds]