SubjectRE: O_SYNC option doesn't work (2.4.18-3)
> > In what I see, a simple test doesn't work in the expected way,
> > which is one client writes to a file opened with O_SYNC on a
> > drive mounted with sync option and the other client cannot
> > immediatelly see the written data. Are you saying that this is
> > the way it should be?
>Yes. That is all the NFS protocol allows you to do.

Well, this is the way it's been working on all UN*X platforms I know. In
fact, we came across this problem with NFS clients being unable to
synchronize on Linux.
If this is a "feature", it makes it impossible to read/write files via NFS
because of the risk of corruption - or am I missing something here?

Also, integrating Linux into heterogeneous networks becomes impossible
(though, it doesn't work in Linux only network as well).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.030 / U:0.076 seconds]