    SubjectRe: 2.4.19 IDE Partition Check issue

    Alan Cox wrote:

    > On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 16:16, alien.ant@ntlworld.com wrote:
    > >
    > > Alan - I'm wondering if this issue is related to Maxtor drives? All the
    > > reports I have seen of this problem have featured drives from this
    > > manufacturer.
    >
    > The ALi hang may well be sort of this. If its what Andre thinks then its
    > lack of support for LBA48 on ALi interface hardware (or at least for the
    > documentation we currently have on how to program it). If so -ac2 should
    > sort that one out

    In my case I'm using a Highpoint and not an ALi controller. People also
    seem to experience the same problem with Promise, ALi and Highpoint
    controllers on the 2.4.19-pre kernels so it looks unlikely to be a
    controller spei

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.024 / U:63.056 seconds]