SubjectRe: extended file permissions based on LSM
* Gabor Kerenyi (wom@tateyama.hu) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking around the LSM module and I know it has got some
> functions for the filesystem part. Well, it looks good, but the
> permission thing is not enough. In fact it's enough to check
> the permission of an inode, but I'd like to check permissions
> for a dentry AND its inode at the same place and time.

We are anticipating VFS changes that include passing a dentry/vfsmount
pair to the permission check. This gives you both the inode as well as
the point in the tree the user is accessing the inode.

thanks,
-chris
--
Linux Security Modules http://lsm.immunix.org http://lsm.bkbits.net