    SubjectRe: extended file permissions based on LSM
    * Gabor Kerenyi (wom@tateyama.hu) wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm looking around the LSM module and I know it has got some
    > functions for the filesystem part. Well, it looks good, but the
    > permission thing is not enough. In fact it's enough to check
    > the permission of an inode, but I'd like to check permissions
    > for a dentry AND its inode at the same place and time.

    We are anticipating VFS changes that include passing a dentry/vfsmount
    pair to the permission check. This gives you both the inode as well as
    the point in the tree the user is accessing the inode.

    thanks,
    -chris
    --
    Linux Security Modules http://lsm.immunix.org http://lsm.bkbits.net