SubjectRe: your mail
I would simply recommend switching to ext3, where these types of errors
generally don't occur.

Oh, and if you just edit your initscripts, you can do anything you want.

Matt

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 02:43:52PM -0400, Bloch, Jack wrote:
> I have an embedded system runing a 2.4.18-3 Kernel. It runs from a 256MB
> compact flash disk (emulates an IDE interface). I am using an EXT2
> filesystem. During some power-off/power-on testing, the disk check failed.
> It dropped me to a shell and I had to run e2fsck -cfv to correct this
> problem. This is all good and well in a lab environment, but in reality,
> there is nobody there to perform the repair (running system is not equipped
> with keyboard and monitor). Is there any way to invoke e2fsck automatically
> or inhibit the failure detection mechanism? Please CC me directly on any
>

> Thanks in advance....
>
> Jack Bloch
> Siemens ICN
> phone (561) 923-6550
> e-mail jack.bloch@icn.siemens.com
>
> -

Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

My mother not mind to die for stoppink Windows NT! She is rememberink
Stalin!
-- Pitr
User Friendly, 9/6/1998

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.173 / U:0.824 seconds]