Subjectblock device/VM question
Date
Hi

Is there any way of turning off VMS caching for a block device?

I want all reads to come down to the driver, where I decide what to do
about them. I don't want reads to read locally cached buffers in VMS
unless I say so. The reason is that the device might have a remote
writer.

I'll have a look at the raw character device later (but I recall
having looked before without it telling me anything - probably
they make a fake request and transfer it to the device queue
directly and treat the return with their own substituted end_req).
I need a block device - I can't mount a character device. Now
there's an idea! A mouse represented as a file system ..

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.045 / U:0.876 seconds]