SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Re: [patch] config language dep_* enhancements
Roman Zippel wrote:

> Let me mention (again), that we are talking about two different problems
> here. On the hand bugs in the rulebase can be fixed with either syntax.

Agreed.

> On
> the other hand major cleanups/extensions are better done with only a
> single parser.

From a purely technical point of view it's easier to extend a single parser
than N. A single parser is the Obviously Correct Approach (tm).

But the problem is that changing to use a single parser is in itself
a revolutionary step, doubly so if the syntax changes at the same time.

Greg.
--
the price of civilisation today is a courageous willingness to prevail,
with force, if necessary, against whatever vicious and uncomprehending