SubjectRe: VM changes added to performance patches for 2.4.19
Quoting Daniel Phillips <phillips@arcor.de>:
> Would you be so kind as to attempt to quantify that?

Ummm... I'm not sure if you're making fun or me? I haven't done any objective
tests so I can't quantify it ??

I just found the responsiveness of the machine a little better and don't have
the resources, time or inclination to test it with a benchmark. It's my
understanding that the -aa patch performed better on benchmarks, but that some
people reported the responsiveness was better with -rmap anyway. I'd agree with
the latter statement. I offer both patches with mine so if people want to try my
patch and feel strongly either way they can choose. My aim is to optimise system
response for single cpu desktops, not multi cpu servers.

Con.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.109 / U:0.852 seconds]