    SubjectRe: [RFC] make localconfig
    On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:12:46 -0600 (MDT)
    Thunder from the hill <> wrote:

    > Generate a .config for the local computer, so that the kernel
    > could be built right in that moment. Therefor the local computer
    > is being examined, probed and configured and all the devices
    > that we find go into your .config.

    It turns out that the autoconfigure script included in CML2 is actually
    an adaptation of kautoconfigure (Giacomo Catenazzi <>,, just tweaked to use CML2 and
    python... a slightly older version that uses sh (well, bash) is still
    available. The ruleset is something like 8 months old by now, but the
    features provided are really pretty nifty. I used it once and it worked
    very nicely. I don't know if it was the, erm, downfall of CML2 that
    killed this project, but I wouldn't mind seeing it come back.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.021 / U:41.188 seconds]