SubjectRe: cell-phone like keyboard driver anywhere?
Date
> IMO this should not be done by the kernel, but by the application.

One can read such stuff all the time ... but really this is not possible in a
general way. You don't know in advance if one runs a ncurses, text-only,
Qt/Embedded or X-Windows application.

> - it is easy for the application to check the timing of the
> keys pressed and produce the desired characters instead [poll (2)].

Yes, it's easy to put that in a Qt/Embedded app, but what is when the app
terminates? You could not restart it via the keyboard, because the keyboard
is dead. Yeah, it's cumbersome to restart it with a cell-like keyboard, but
it's possible.

Anyway, I have to write it low-level, in the kernel. I just wondered if
something like this already exists.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.099 / U:1.304 seconds]