    SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Re: [patch] config language dep_* enhancements
    Hi,

    On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Greg Banks wrote:

    > Unlike you, I'm not optimistic that a switch to a new language or even a new
    > parser for the old language will ever happen.

    It would be nice if I could get it into 2.6, but it's not a problem if it
    has to wait. I'm currently busy getting menuconfig working again and then
    I'm pretty much ready for a beta release.

    > In http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=101387128818052&w=2
    > David Woodhouse gives an idea of what would be necessary to get a new
    > language+parser accepted. Can you achieve that yet?

    If you compare it to the xconfig output, yes.

    > Or you could, today, go build gcml2 from source with "make DEBUG=1" and run

    I looked through the list and except from real syntax errors nothing
    prevents an automatic conversion.
    I have to manually fix things like CONFIG_ALPHA_NONAME, which is first set
    by a choice statement and later redefined. My new parser can't deal with
    this, because user input is given the highest priority.

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.021 / U:4.256 seconds]