SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Re: [patch] config language dep_* enhancements

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Greg Banks wrote:

> Unlike you, I'm not optimistic that a switch to a new language or even a new
> parser for the old language will ever happen.

It would be nice if I could get it into 2.6, but it's not a problem if it
has to wait. I'm currently busy getting menuconfig working again and then
I'm pretty much ready for a beta release.

> In
> David Woodhouse gives an idea of what would be necessary to get a new
> language+parser accepted. Can you achieve that yet?

If you compare it to the xconfig output, yes.

> Or you could, today, go build gcml2 from source with "make DEBUG=1" and run

I looked through the list and except from real syntax errors nothing
prevents an automatic conversion.
I have to manually fix things like CONFIG_ALPHA_NONAME, which is first set
by a choice statement and later redefined. My new parser can't deal with
this, because user input is given the highest priority.

bye, Roman