    SubjectRe: IDE?
    On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > In article <2444170000.1029531611@flay>,
    > Martin J. Bligh <> wrote:
    > >So did Linus get disk corruption or is something else afoot?
    > Martin gave up the fight he had to do all the time, so..

    Not having seen much of all the work, this sounds like it is a sad day,
    for Martin who contributed a lot of his time to work on the issues,
    while people seemed not to be too grateful, screaming from either end of
    the road, this must wear people out.

    Is there a way how the improvements that parts of the stuff have
    received can be rescued somehow? Or at least the knowledge of which can
    be used somewhat directly for a IDE-TNG driver? I'd find it really sad
    to just let go of so much time that had been invested into the project
    -- but keep in mind I have NO knowledge of the gory details of the last
    2.5 IDE stuff.

    Matthias Andree

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.028 / U:8.184 seconds]