    SubjectRe: IDE?
    On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > I'm dreaming of an IDE maintainer that people (including, very much, me)
    > can work with. I don't know why, but IDE has pretty much since day one
    > been a fairly problematic area, and has caused a lot more maintainer
    > headache than the rest of the kernel put together..
    > There's been one fairly smooth IDE transition (the original transition
    > from hd.c to ide.c), and calling even that "smooth" is pretty much all
    > hindsight - at the time people thought it was horribly stupid to not allow
    > big controversial changes to hd.c, and the resulting code duplication was
    > considered a disaster.
    > Right now it looks like Alan is at least for the moment willing to work on
    > the IDE code, which is obviously great. I just wonder how long he'll stand
    > it (he's maintained various IDE buglists etc issues for years, so we can
    > hope).

    Out of curiosity, who is going to be IDE 2.5 kernel maintainer now?

    I am assuming you still maintain that working with Andre is difficult for

    Further, I am assuming that Alan is not going to be wanting to be IDE 2.5
    maintainer. (I may be completely wrong of course... Alan?)

    Jens perhaps? Again I assume he doesn't want the job. (Again, I may be
    completely wrong... Jens?)

    How about Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz as IDE 2.5 maintainer? He seems to be
    happy to talk to Andre. And you are perhaps able to work with him well?
    He has been submitting bug fixes to Martin and seems to generally know
    what he is doing with IDE, certainly a lot better than many of us...

    If you can work with him, then it would seem he would be well suited for
    the job... Assuming he wants it... Bartlomiej?

    Just my curious 2p...

    Best regards,

    Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at> (replace at with @)
    Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on
    WWW: &

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.027 / U:2.304 seconds]