    SubjectRe: Will NFSv4 be accepted?
    From

    > I personally doubt that NFS would be the thing driving
    > this. Judging by past performance, NFS security issues don't
    > seem to bother people. I'd personally assume that the thing
    > that would be important enough to people for vendors to add it
    > is VPN or encrypted (local) disks.

    As I said: one of the main motivations for NFSv4 is WAN support, and
    in those environments, strong authentication is a must.

    That said, the plan is to also prepare a 'null' authentication scheme
    for RPCSEC_GSS (basically using RPCSEC_GSS as a wrapper for AUTH_UNIX)
    so that the strong auth can be provided as a simple plugin in case its
    inclusion in the kernel would not be acceptable.

    Cheers,
    Trond

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:2.360 / U:0.028 seconds]