    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] New PC-Speaker driver
    On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:58:20 +0400
    Stas Sergeev <> wrote:

    > Hello.
    > Denis Vlasenko wrote:
    > >> The latest patch for 2.4.18 kernel
    > >> is available here:
    > >>
    > > Tested. Works for playing MP3s.
    > Thanks for your testing, indeed my primary
    > goal was to make the sound quality acceptable
    > even for playing MP3s.
    > With the motherboard's output attached to an
    > external speakers the quality is definitely
    > acceptable, but for the internal beeper I am not
    > shure if it is possible to really enjoy MP3s however:)

    I can get some pretty decent sound out of it, but I also get some
    horrible noise. Even if I send the driver a stream of zeroes, as soon
    as it's opened it starts generating some horrible clicks and a
    high-pitched whine.

    Do I blame my motherboard (actually, a laptop)? Is there any way to fix
    this, or at least improve it?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.045 / U:77.028 seconds]