    SubjectRe: BKL removal
    > Places that call schedule() explicitly holding the BKL are rare enough
    > we can probably handle them. I have a patch that does so (thus turning
    > all cond_resched() calls into no-ops with the preemptive kernel -- my
    > goal). The other implicit situations are near impossible to handle.

    There are lots of them hiding 8)

    > Summary is, I would love to do things like dismantle the BKLs odd-ball
    > features... cleanly and safely. Good luck ;)

    You can actually do it with some testing to catch the missed cases. Move
    them to spinlocks, lob a check if the lock is held into the schedule code
    run it for a while through its various code paths, then remove the debug
    once you trust it

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.022 / U:30.084 seconds]