SubjectRe: NTFS write support [was: NTFS: 2.0.15]
At 21:52 08/07/02, Axel Siebenwirth wrote:
>On Mon, 08 Jul 2002, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> > No, we have a pretty good idea of ntfs now. But it is a complicated fs and
>
>That is one thing I'd really be interested in kernel development since I
>have some own interest in it. Is there some resource on the internet where
>can get the necessary information to have a look into understanding NTFS
>write support and maybe help with it.

In the kernel source fs/ntfs/layout.h is a header file describing the full
on disk layout of NTFS (except journalling and encryption).

We have html documentation about ntfs on our linux-ntfs website (note if
you see conflicting information between the documentation and layout.h
always take layout.h to be correct, there still some discrepancies which we
need to iron out...). You can go directly to the documentation by going to
this url:

http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ntfs/

Our user space library and tools can also be helpful, especially I have
written some documents and placed them in the linux-ntfs/doc directory. You
can just download linux-ntfs 1.6.0 and read the documentation there. But
the code in 1.6.0 is very out of date. The library has been pretty much
completely rewritten, massively cleaned up, and the functionality has been
extended. You can get all the goodies from cvs. For instructions see here:

http://sf.net/cvs/?group_id=13956

Best regards,

Anton

--
"I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown