SubjectHow to make a kernel thread sleep for a short amount of time?
I am re-working the net/core/pktgen code to be a kernel thread.

It is basically working, but I am having trouble making the thread
efficiently sleep for durations in the milisecond and micro-second range.

I have looked at the udelay and mdelay methods, but they busy

I do not need absolute real-time precision, so if I ask the thread
to sleep for 100 micro-seconds, it is not a big deal if it does
not wake up for 5000us. On average, it should be very close to 100us.

I believe the answer may be to use some sort of timer and have my
thread sleep on this timer, but I cannot find any examples or
documentation on how to do this on the web.

If anyone can point me to some example code or documentation, I
would appreciate it.

Ben Greear <> <Ben_Greear AT>
President of Candela Technologies Inc