    SubjectHow to make a kernel thread sleep for a short amount of time?
    I am re-working the net/core/pktgen code to be a kernel thread.

    It is basically working, but I am having trouble making the thread
    efficiently sleep for durations in the milisecond and micro-second range.

    I have looked at the udelay and mdelay methods, but they busy
    wait.

    I do not need absolute real-time precision, so if I ask the thread
    to sleep for 100 micro-seconds, it is not a big deal if it does
    not wake up for 5000us. On average, it should be very close to 100us.

    I believe the answer may be to use some sort of timer and have my
    thread sleep on this timer, but I cannot find any examples or
    documentation on how to do this on the web.

    If anyone can point me to some example code or documentation, I
    would appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    Ben

    --