SubjectRe: [patch] Input cleanups for 2.5.29 [2/2]

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> Now the question remaining is how to fix that? You can just skip the
> patch. I've tried a 'bk undo', but that complains about unmerged leaves
> in that case (though really nothing depends on those changes). Or should
> I just make another cset on top of all the previous?

Ugh. there's a few things you can do

- I often actually do a "bk undo -axxx" and then just re-do the parts I
want to re-do.

NOTE! This only works if you haven't already had people pull from your
repository (or you'll need to ask them to do the "bk undo" as well).

- You can reverse the cset, which means that it's still there, but there
is also a cset that says "undo that other cset". I prefer to not pull
those kinds of undo's, but they do happen, and I occasionally do them
myself. I try to avoid it, but it's very useful for debugging ("does
that problem go away if I undo just that one cset?"), and sometimes
it _is_ the sanest way to go.

So do "bk cset -xA.BBB"

- in this case, maybe just adding a new cset is the proper thing.
Especially as reversing the cset doesn't actually get you where you
want anyway, since you'd still have to do the "unsigned short" -> "u16"
translation as yet another cset.

I only get upset if the tree looks _really_ cluttered, in which case I may
ask you to re-do it (that's happened once with the reiserfs tree).

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.113 / U:0.108 seconds]