    SubjectRe: Censorship
    On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, DervishD wrote:

    > Yes, let's have a 'clean web' through censorship. This is an
    > advance. And, oh, well, let's forbid too politically incorrect
    > language, and, why not?

    You seem to be forgetting one important detail.

    The internet is not public property, it is a large group of
    interconnected private properties.

    The owners of each of these private properties can decide
    for themselves what content they do and do not want to have
    on their own properties.

    So-called "freedom of speech" is something that exists in
    public space, I can organise protests in public space and
    you can't do anything about it, but if I were to held a
    protest in your garden you'd have every right to kick me
    out. ;)

    regards,

    Rik