SubjectRe: bug database/webpage
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:59:01PM -0500, Thomas Molina wrote:

> In a conversation with Guillaume Boissiere it was mentioned that setting
> up a bug/problem report database for later in the 2.5 development cycle.
> Cox won't let me run an Apache web server from home with a bugzilla-type
> database (my preference), but I have been playing around with a simplistic
> web page problem report tracking available at
> http://members.cox.net/tmolina
>
> Would something like this be sufficient, or would a full-fledged server be
> required? Feedback/comments are welcome

Quite nice. It's a more organised version of what I had, but as the
number of reports gets higher and higher, it could end up being as much a
maintainence nightmare as the log I was updating.

Talking with a few folks about this problem at the summit, a few times
jitterbug was mentioned. My faded memory doesn't recall too much about
those days, but ultimatly it didn't work out.

I'm wondering how such a system would work out today.
There's even possibilites for neat things like checking
bitkeeper to automatically update status when Linus applies
a patch, which before required interaction from Linus.

Dave