SubjectRe: How to make a kernel thread sleep for a short amount of time?
I am using high-res timers
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers) in a driver to do
sub-millisecond timing for a driver I am developing. With high-res
timers, I have some code that looks like:

#ifdef CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS
/* If the state machine asks for a short delay, then shorten
the timer timeout. */
if (kcs_result == KCS_CALL_WITH_DELAY) {
kcs_timer.sub_expires
+= usec_to_arch_cycles(KCS_SHORT_TIMEOUT_USEC);
while (kcs_timer.sub_expires >= cycles_per_jiffies) {
kcs_timer.expires++;
kcs_timer.sub_expires -= cycles_per_jiffies;
}
} else {
kcs_timer.expires += KCS_TIMEOUT_JIFFIES;
}
#else
kcs_timer.expires += KCS_TIMEOUT_JIFFIES;
#endif
But the high-res timers are not in the kernel right now, it's a patch
you have to add, and the user has to have it configured.

-Corey