SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] July 17, 2002
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 09:19:39AM -0700, Patrick Mochel wrote:

> > | With the code freeze date approaching soon, it is obvious that many
> > Oct. 31 is feature freeze date, or so several of us understood.
>
> That is correct. And, for a feature, we only need a header file to be in,
> right? ;)

Hmmmmmm 8-)
wrt to post-halloween features, things like new drivers that require no
core changes aren't an issue, but things like ripping out the VM and
replacing with a new one should probably wait until 2.6.10 or so.[*]

> Please don't. While it would be nice if x86 init were a bit nicer, and
> things like CPUs were added in a 'hotpluggable' manner, I won't be
> dedicating time to this. At least not in near future...

Rusty seems to have a good handle on the hotplug bits, whether
bringing them up in a hotplug manner is his intention I'm not sure,
but it does seem to be going in that direction afaics.

Dave

[*] j/k of course. (at least, I hope so).