    SubjectRe: PATCH: compile the kernel with -Werror
    Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <> writes:

    > On Saturday 13 July 2002 09:26, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
    > > A full kernel compilation, especially when using the -j switch to
    > > make, can cause warnings to "fly off the screen" without the user
    > > noticing them. For example, wli's patch lazy_buddy.2.5.25-1 of today
    > > had a missing return statement in a function returning non void, which
    > > the compiler probably complained about but the warning got lost in the
    > > noise (a little birdie told me wli used -j64).
    > Why not add a menu item under kernel hacking?

    make bzImage > compile.log 2> errors.log

    James Antill --
    "Although I have found authors who assert that the use of internal loop exits
    is wrong, I have encountered none that support their claims with objective
    evidence." -- Eric S. Roberts, Loop Exits and Structured Programming

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.022 / U:0.892 seconds]