    SubjectRe: Tyan s2466 stability
    On 16 Jul 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 15:08, Maxwell Spangler wrote:
    > > 6) I have only one issue yet to be resolved: SCSI "loss of streaming" errors
    > > when trying to burn cd-rs. I haven't taken the time to figure out what the
    > > problem is there but the fact that others aren't reporting it suggests
    > > configuration or something else specific to my system and not indicative of
    > > the MPX chipset or dual Athlon setup, etc.
    > >
    > That one isn a unique report. MPX boards seem to have problems burning
    > CD-R's. I have no idea why

    I thought my SCSI problems were only showing up with my cd-rw drive because
    that's all I currently have online.

    You're stating that the problems reported have been with cd-rw drives, but not
    with hard drives, scanners, etc, using the same SCSI equipment on the same

    I had assumed that my failure to be able to use my cd-rw drive would prevent
    me from [writing] to any type of SCSI drive reliably. I even thought I had an
    HP SCSI DDS drive that failed along similar reasons..

    Can I do anything to help provide more information to diagnose and resolve

    Replacement of my HP SCSI cdrw drive with a nice new ATAPI 40x writer is not a
    problem, but the fear that there is an open issue in my system in something as
    significant as SCSI is bothersome..

    Maxwell Spangler
    Program Writer
    Greenbelt, Maryland, U.S.A.
    Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.048 / U:54.964 seconds]