    SubjectRe: kbd not functioning in 2.5.25-dj2
    Date
    Alexander Hoogerhuis wrote:

    > I mentioned this before, but I had major pains with the new input
    > drivers for keyboards not working with the Comapq Armada M700's, and
    > gave that up. Now I got a new Compaq N800c, which forced me onto 2.5.x
    > because of some of the hardware (Intel ICH3 et al).
    As I reported earlier (but appearantly unnoticed), on my Thinkpad A30p
    (which uses the ICH3), keyboard and mouse don't work with the new input
    layer when CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is on, but I have no problems (except
    my USB mouse) when I switch that off.

    > I only have two problems left is that I have a laptop with both a
    > stick and a glidepad, and the psmouse driver only enables the pad, and
    > not the stick. The other is that the rpm command segfaults for no
    > apparent reason under 2.5.x (tried .23, 24., and .25 and -dj varieties
    > of them). Same also happens with vim, second time it edits a file.

    For me, the usb mouse stopped working with 2.5.25 in all configurations I
    tried, the stick works without UP_IOAPIC. Unless the new input driver
    is supposed to be a complete drop-in replacement for the old one, I still
    assume that is a configuration error on my side.

    >> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 04:45:56AM -0400, Ed Sweetman wrote:
    >> > CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y

    Yup, Ed has this one on as well. Alexander, what about your systems?

    Arnd <><

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans