    SubjectRe: kbd not functioning in 2.5.25-dj2
    Arnd Bergmann <arnd@bergmann-dalldorf.de> writes:

    > Alexander Hoogerhuis wrote:
    >
    > > I mentioned this before, but I had major pains with the new input
    > > drivers for keyboards not working with the Comapq Armada M700's, and
    > > gave that up. Now I got a new Compaq N800c, which forced me onto 2.5.x
    > > because of some of the hardware (Intel ICH3 et al).
    > As I reported earlier (but appearantly unnoticed), on my Thinkpad A30p
    > (which uses the ICH3), keyboard and mouse don't work with the new input
    > layer when CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is on, but I have no problems (except
    > my USB mouse) when I switch that off.
    >
    > > I only have two problems left is that I have a laptop with both a
    > > stick and a glidepad, and the psmouse driver only enables the pad, and
    > > not the stick. The other is that the rpm command segfaults for no
    > > apparent reason under 2.5.x (tried .23, 24., and .25 and -dj varieties
    > > of them). Same also happens with vim, second time it edits a file.
    >
    > For me, the usb mouse stopped working with 2.5.25 in all configurations I
    > tried, the stick works without UP_IOAPIC. Unless the new input driver
    > is supposed to be a complete drop-in replacement for the old one, I still
    > assume that is a configuration error on my side.

    I have it configured in, but it claims it dont have one at boot time
    (and I honestly dont know if the the hardware is physically in the
    box):

    No local APIC present or hardware disabled

    > Yup, Ed has this one on as well. Alexander, what about your systems?

    CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
    CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
    CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
    CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
    CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y

    > Arnd <><

    mvh,
    Alexander Hoogerhuis | alexh@ihatent.com
    CCNP - CCDP - MCNE - CCSE | +47 908 21 485
    "You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it." --Scott McNealy