    SubjectAdvice saught on math functions
    Date
    Hi Folks:  What I am striving to do is build a software based speech
    synthesizer into a linux driver. It is a greatly hacked version of
    rsynth I call tuxtalk. My problem is that I have the code so far cut
    down to about 66k without the shared library routines. When I
    staticly build the object comes out to over 512k. Obviously this is
    to large to want built-in to the kernel. The majority of the size is
    from libm.a. There are five functions I need from the library, log(),
    log10(), exp() cos() and sin().

    My questions are:
    Are these functions which are supplied by the FPU? I've looked
    through the fpu emulation headers and exp() is the only one I can find
    any reference to.

    Is there a better method to provide these functions than to pull them
    out of libm.a?

    I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations people may have on
    these questions.

    Kirk

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.025 / U:0.040 seconds]