SubjectRe: bzip2 patent status query
Date
Rik van Riel wrote on Wednesday, July 10:
> As long as bitflipping and xor are patented, I guess there
> must be _something_ covering bzip2 ;)

Perhaps it is so, even the author does not know it exactly (but why doesn't
even he know it?).
Bzip2 is included in nearly every distribution I know. BUT, if there would
be a patent on bzip2, I think there would have been somebody already who
sued at least all bigger distributions. If I were the one having a patent on
bzip2, or only parts of it, I would not have let the chance to get rich go
by.

Have fun.

- Christian

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans